To sign up for Inyo County or Saline Valley monarch counts, visit the Saline Valley Monarch Count website.
A few things to remember:
- New monitors need to undergo training and/or shadow an established monitor for the first year.
- Monitors will ideally visit the same site each year.
- Monitors can adopt more than one site!
- Sites can be adopted by more than one person – this will give us more data points. However, one of the goals of this project is to cover more sites, so if you can adopt a site that doesn’t yet have a monitor, that would be ideal.
- Once you have signed up for a site, the Xerces monarch coordinator will contact you with additional information on accessing and counting that particular site.
Note: Fields with an asterisk (*) are required.